This week, the freshmen in Room G17 will engage in a research workshop:
- Monday, students will be given additional class time to read their source and complete their SOAPSTone and CRE annotations.
- Tuesday, students will be introduced to the Classical Argument Structure and plan their argument.
- Wednesday, students will be introduced to expectations for note-taking. They will also provide their peers feedback on their argument.
- Thursday, students will work on note-taking after first considering the significance of their research topic.
- Friday, students will engage in a grammar mini-lesson and have additional time to take notes.
During their workshop time, I will be conferencing with students about their reading workshop books and their research paper plans. If your child comes home with questions or concerns about the paper, please encourage them to use this class time to seek help and feedback.
Note: No due date has yet been established for the final research paper.